A powerful Tumblr theme for your personal résumé and portfolio.
A feature-packed personal website and portfolio.
Résumé is a powerful Tumblr theme for your personal C.V. and portfolio. Feature your testimonials, latest work, clients, skill areas, newsletter, contact details, and more.
- Feature your experience, skills, and testimonials
- Share an “About Me” bio, and client logos
- Widgets for Instagram, Twitter, Dribbble and Flickr
- Customise colours, typography, and design details
- Newsletter widget, custom logo, sharing, and much more
Your Personal Résumé or C.V
The theme is designed to let you showcase everything you need on your personal site. Different content blocks can be turned on or off, and you can re-position each area on the page in any order you want.
Your “Showcase” holds all the usual Tumblr posts, but the theme is designed to sell your skills. Various call-to-action buttons encourage people to hire you, and you can set an “Available for Work” message.
Testimonials, Skills, Experience and Clients
Each content block features something different. Whether that’s listing your previous places of work experience (and when you worked there), or featuring the different “Skills” that you’re proficient in (with a % of expertise for each of them).
There’s also a block to feature the client logos of companies you’ve worked for in the past, and two testimonials from people who can recommend your work.
Instagram, Flickr, and Twitter Widgets
All this in addition to pulling in your work from other sources as well — your latest photos from Instagram or Flickr, designs from Dribbble, or thoughts and links from Twitter. These show up as widgets in the sidebar.
Social buttons let people follow your adventures on your various social media channels — we support dozens of different icons and networks (and we’re always adding more!)
Your Own Newsletter
Unique to this theme, you can connect a form up to MailChimp to run your own newsletter. Just set things up over at MailChimp, then copy-and-paste the “embed code” they provide you into the theme settings.
This gives people a way to subscribe to your own mailing list, where you can keep them updated with your work, products, or services.
Stylish, Square Posts
Posts are arranged in a stylish grid, each cropped to a square format, with the layout flowing to different styles depending on whether you’re on a desktop, tablet, or phone.
It’s simple for readers to like, reblog, or link to your posts using these standard Tumblr features.
You can change any and every aspect of Résumé to match your style and personal brand. Fonts and typography, colours, layout, backgrounds, button styles — you name it, you can customise it!
It looks great right out of the box, but it’s simple to put your own stamp on the design (and we’re here to help you every step of the way!)
With one click, visitors can share your content across different social channels: Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Google+.
This is in addition to all the usual Tumblr features, allowing people to like and reblog your portfolio of work. Don’t let your incredible content go unnoticed!
Here’s a list of the features present in the Résumé Tumblr Theme:
- Responsive and Retina Ready – This theme will work great in all platform sizes and definitions. It’s modern and prepared to work in modern browsers.
- Customizable Color Scheme – All main colors can be changed using the customizer.
- Homepage Blocks – The homepage has several blocks that can be reordered and styled (background / text) to personalize your site. The blocks are: About / Skills / Showcase / Testimonials / Clients / Newsletter. Most of them are optional and can be turned off if required.
- Large Cover Image – Showcases your work beautifully with a large full screen image and your branding on top.
- Keyboard Navigation – You can use the Right and Left keys on your keyboard to navigate between blog posts. Use H for home and R for random.
- Social Sharing – Posts can be shared to Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest.
- Widgetized Sidebar – The footer can take multiple widgets: Twitter / Instagram / Flickr / Dribbble / Following / Likes / Group Members and Search.
- Submenu with Configurable Tags – Allows the main navigation to have a submenu that is made of tags and will categorize the content of the site.
- Social Media Icons – In the footer you can add up to 12 social icons with links to your profiles.
- Google Fonts – You can choose whatever font you’d like from a library of hundreds of free and optimized for the web fonts.
- Disqus Compatible - You can add Disqus comments to your blog, just add your username.
- Google Analytics Ready – Just add the code and it’s set.
- SEO Ready – All SEO principles available to Tumblr themes were taken into account in this theme.
- Expandable – It also features an header and footer HTML code fields for you to add your own code.
- Fully Documented – All of the theme options are fully documented in an HTML file and also available online in the demo site.
The following resources have been used to create this theme:
- Bootstrap – http://getbootstrap.com/
- jQuery – http://jquery.com/
- Jribbble – http://lab.tylergaw.com/jribbble/
- jQInstaPics – http://projects.craftedpixelz.co.uk/jqinstapics/
- jquery.FlickrFeed – http://www.newmediacampaigns.com/blog/a-jquery-flickr-feed-plugin
- timeago – http://timeago.yarp.com/
- FitVids – http://fitvidsjs.com/
- Mousetrap – https://craig.is/killing/mice
- Google Fonts – http://www.google.com/fonts/
- Font Awesome Icons – http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/
The image used in the cover of the demo theme is from Unsplash – https://unsplash.com/
Logo used in the demo site was created using the Squarespace Logo Tool – http://www.squarespace.com/logo/
16th December 2015 — v1.0
- Initial Release
We’re here to help you set up your theme, and iron out any problems. Just head over to our site to file a support ticket, and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours: http://themelantic.com/support
We’re also here to answer any quick questions on Twitter: http://twitter.com/themelantic